Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park is a world natural heritage of pristine landscapes that the Creator has bestowed on the locals in Quang Binh Province, a Vietnamese land associated with historical heroic feats. The harmony of primeval forest, Son river, dry caves, water caves create a captivating ink painting of nature. Below are my experiences, all information I had collected for reference. Plan carefully to have the most enjoyable trip!
- Means to Dong Hoi District - Quang Binh Province
- Transport from Dong Hoi District to Phong Nha Ke Bang
- Phong Nha Ke Bang travel time
- Guesthouses – Hotels in Phong Nha Ke Bang
- Attractions in Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park
- Phong Nha Ke Bang specialties
Phong Nha Ke Bang belongs to Bo Trach district, about 50 km northwest of Dong Hoi city. Almost all means of transport only take you to the center of Dong Hoi city, and then you need to continue to Phong Nha Ke Bang.
You can go by train, plane, or bus to Dong Hoi Quang Binh Province.
From Hanoi: The road from Hanoi to Dong Hoi - Quang Binh is about 722 km long. On average, there are about 23 bus trips on this route every day. The travel time is about 9 hours. The fare ranges from 200,000 VND to 250,000 VND (8,69$ - 10,87$).
You can contact the bus ticket agents:
- Ticket agent Co Huong - Hanoi: 0941 297 666 / 0941297888 - Dong Hoi: 0941 090 666
- Ticket agent Hung Long - Hanoi: 0963 388 388 / 0914 077 779 – Dong Hoi: 02323.889,889/ 0232,37979
- Ticket agent Ha Quang - Hanoi: 096.7778.772 / 096.7778.770 - Dong Hoi: 0984 229 422
- Hoang Linh bus ticket agent: 0968 333 857/ 0232. 4896896
- Dong Hien bus ticket agent: (0232)2470 688
- Dung Hong bus ticket agent: (0232). 6,292,566
- Hung Thanh bus ticket agent: (0232)3851 995/ (0232)3851 996
From Da Nang: The road from Da Nang to Dong Hoi is about 275km long. Travel time is about 4 hours 35 minutes. The ticket price for the route ranges from 125,000 VND to 200,000 VND (5,43$ - 8,69$)
You can contact the garages with beds to relieve fatigue:
- Hai Ha garage: 0905.619,619 / 0905.735,579
- Hanh Luyen garage: 0985.989.005 / 0985.898.005
- Trung Tin garage: 0905.416.681 / 0905.122.681
From Ho Chi Minh City: the distance is quite long, the ride takes a lot of time, so you should choose the means of transport by plane. However, if you have a lot of time and want to save money, you can contact:
- Hoang Long bus station in Ho Chi Minh City 028.22438989 – Ticket counter 73 - Mien Dong Station 028.35113113
- Mai Linh bus station in Ho Chi Minh: (028) 39 39 39 39 – Mien Dong Office: (028) 35 112 888
From provinces with short distances to Dong Hoi District, such as Hue, Da Nang, Vinh, choosing the train will be the safest means of transportation. From Hanoi, you should select:
- SE1 and SE3 run from Hanoi in the evening and to Dong Hoi in the morning of the next day
- QB1 train runs from Hanoi at 20:05 to Dong Hoi at 08:25 the next day.
See more train times and ticket prices at Vietnam Railways website: svn.vn
- Hanoi Station: Address 120, Le Duan, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi – Phone: 024.3942 3949/024.3822 1724
- Da Nang Station: Address 202 Hai Phong Street, Da Nang – Phone: 0236 3823810
- Hue Railway Station: Address 02 Bui Thi Xuan, City. Hue – Phone: 0234. 3822175
- Vinh Station: Address No. 01 – Le Ninh Street, Quan Bau Ward, Vinh City– Phone: 0238 3853 426
- Dong Hoi Station – Address: Sub-zone 4, Nam Ly Ward, Dong Hoi City – Phone: 0232 3836789
You can easily book direct flights from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to Dong Hoi with Vietjetair, Jetstar, and Vietnam Airlines. You should plan your trip early and book tickets at the official ticket offices to get the best fares.