You want to experience Fansipan self-sufficient travel but do not have experience and information about the trip? Let Top Ten Reviews share some experiences to help you have the best and most memorable trip!
How to get to the top of Fansipan
There are two popular forms chosen by self-sufficient Fansipan tourists to move to the top of Fansipan: cable car or mountain climbing. Either condition will bring you exciting and memorable experiences.
If you are a person who loves sports, loves adventure, and wants to be conquered, then climbing is for you. But to ensure being safer during travel, climbing has been more restricted than before. However, it has never been a hot hobby for those passionate about climbing and who have a taste for adventure.
For those who do not have experience in climbing and their health is not good, taking the cable car will be a safe and appropriate way to move to the top of Fansipan. A secure experience does not mean it is not attractive. You will be able to enjoy the panoramic view from above, take your eyes to the majestic mountains, green forests, and billions of other exciting things. All of that will bring you a memorable experience.
Climbing to the top of Fansipan lasts 2 - 7 days, depending on the condition and skill of the human lips. At the first 2000m altitude, the climbing path is straightforward to go, without any obstacles. However, at the height of 3000m and above, there will be more steep and slippery sections, so you need to be more careful.
And do not forget to prepare the following in advance for the best climbing experience:
- About costumes: you should choose for yourself active clothes with designs suitable for climbing. Don't forget to bring warm clothes to prepare for the cold weather here! Shoes should also choose good quality sports shoes to create a comfortable feeling during the field trip to protect your feet. Bring extra gloves to keep warm and climb.
- Backpack: A compact backpack is the best choice. Backpacks should also choose a type with a compact design, soft and firm straps to help you limit problems such as shoulder pain, broken belts,....
- Climbing stick: For those who do not have much climbing experience, they need to equip themselves with a climbing stick, it will help you go faster and more balanced, the inside of the stick has a spring so it will bear better gravity. It is the item that makes your trip more convenient.
- Medical supplies: During the climbing process, you can quickly encounter minor troubles such as scratches, cuts, foot pain, dislocated arms due to unfamiliarity with climbing, or carelessness. So a few simple medical supplies will help you give first aid quickly and relieve pain immediately if something goes wrong. Bring a smooth self-sufficient Fansipan trip for you.
- A few other personal items needed by you such as toiletries, power banks,....
At the end of the climb, you will be able to set foot on the top of the mountain that you conquered. This sense of pride and satisfaction will be indescribable unless you experience it yourself.
Taking the cable car to Fansipan is an exciting experience when you take Fansipan backpacking tourism. But you also need to refer to a few cable car experiences to avoid problems during the journey.
The cable car station is about 3km from the city center. It takes about 10 minutes by taxi and about 30 minutes on foot. Visitors can go from Stone Church along the road of Silver Waterfall and then to Nguyen Chi Thanh. Then go straight to the Fansipan Legend tourist area. Because the distance is not long, there are many easy-to-find directions, so visitors rarely have difficulty getting to the cable car station.
Departing from the MGallery hotel in the center of Sapa, the train travels at 10m/s. Every hour 2000 guests are boarding and disembarking. This form of transportation saves time and money than taking a car to the top of the mountain, which is very dangerous and challenging to go. Muong Hoa train ticket price is 100.000 VND (~4,36 USD)/ person, cheap and convenient, so many tourists choose it.
After taking the cable car to Fansipan station, visitors will have to take about 20 to 30 minutes to climb another 600 steps to reach the top of Fansipan. You can also choose to take one more short train ride during your next journey.
How much is the ticket price for a Sapa cable car?
Refer to the current price of the Sapa cable car ticket:
|Cable car ticket price for foreigners||
– Adults and children over 1.4 m tall: 750.000 VND (~32,65 USD).
– Children from 1m to 1.4m tall: 550.000 VND (~23,94 USD).
- Children under 1m tall: Free.
|Cable car ticket price for Lao Cai guests||
– Adults and children over 1.4 m tall: 550.000 VND (~23,94 USD).
– Children from 1m to 1.4m tall: 350.000 VND (~15,24 USD).
– Children under 1m tall: Free.
|Train ticket price for Fansipan peak line in the afternoon||70.000 VND (~3,05 USD)|
|Ticket price for Muong Hoa mountain climbing train||100.000 VND (~4,35 USD)|
|Note: Keep the ticket for the whole journey|
The easiest way to buy Fansipan cable car tickets is to buy them directly at the Plaza ticket counter or the cable car station. But you should note that Sapa is a scorching tourist destination that many people be interested in. So during the tourist season, it is not easy for you to buy tickets directly here.
Then the second way for you is to book tickets online, which is both fast and convenient. You can refer to a few groups on social networks to find a reputable place to buy tickets. Then the seller will send you a picture of the access with a QR code. You go to the exit and swipe the code; that's it. Very simple, right?
In addition, this is also a prominent destination in Sapa tours. So if you choose a package tour, it will usually include the Fansipan cable car ticket price. You will not need to buy more outside.