First introduced in the 1940s, today, egg coffee is gradually proving its irresistible attraction in the land of its origin.
- Origin of egg coffee
- Characteristics of egg coffee
- How to enjoy egg coffee
- How are egg coffee cups made ?
- Where to enjoy egg coffee ?
Who invented egg coffee? Egg coffee originated from Mr. Nguyen Van Giang (who died in 1987). He was a chef in the famous French hotel Metropole at that time. When preparing drinks for foreign diners, cappuccino dishes with coffee, milk, ice cream, etc., he wants Vietnamese people to enjoy this delicious drink. But at that time, fresh milk ice cream was very rare and expensive, so Vietnamese people could not buy it themselves.
He immediately came up with a combination of coffee and eggs, thinking that Vietnam has many delicious eggs, so why not take advantage of them. And since then, egg coffee began to appear at Giang coffee shop in 1946, a unique drink to Vietnamese people at that time but at a low price that all classes of people could enjoy.
- Where is egg coffee a local beverage ? (The drink is served in cafes throughout Vietnam, though it originates in Hanoi. The Giang Café (Vietnamese: Cà Phê Giảng) in Hanoi is known for serving the drink, which it makes with chicken egg yolk, coffee powder, condensed milk, and, optionally, cheese.)
- Is Vietnamese egg coffee safe? (Dubai-based dietitian and founder of xx Colour My Plate, Hala Barghout, says the hot, boiling water will kill the bacteria, making it safe to consume.)
- How to make egg coffee. (Here are the visual steps to make Vietnamese egg coffee)